*Secretary, Treasurer, and First Year Rep must be first year students
-Takes minutes at all MUSSA meetings and distributes the minutes within 48 hours of the last meeting to MUSSA members and files a hard copy in MUSSA’s filing cabinet -Ensures online posting of meeting minutes -Sits on iSchool Committees as requested by MUSSA & reports on Committees’ actions to MUSSA -May be the GSU representative should the Vice President be unavailable -Picks up mail for MUSSA -May help with social media admin
-Manages the finances of MUSSA -Presents a financial report at each MUSSA meeting -Sits on iSchool Committees as requested by MUSSA & reports onCommittees' actions to MUSSA -May be the GSU representative should the Vice President be unavailable -helps apply for grants -helps all MUSSA members with annual and project budgets
3. First Year Representative
-Represents first-year interests and concerns to MUSSA -Coordinates class representatives with the Second-Year -Shares MUSSA news with First Year Classes -Is the person who First Years come to with questions, comments, concerns -Sits on iSchool Committees as requested by MUSSA & reports on Committees' actions to MUSSA -Forms the MUSSA Social Committee together with the Social Chair, Second-Year Representative, President, and Social Assistant
4. Social Assistant
-Assists in the planning, coordination, and execution of events -Leads development and coordination of social events targeted at fundraising -Helps to promote MUSSA events, through development newsletters, digital and physical marketing tools, and serves as a secondary contact point for those events -Sits on iSchool Committees as requested by MUSSA & reports on Committees' actions to MUSSA -Forms the MUSSA Social Committee together with the Social Chair, First-Year Representative, Second-Year Representative, President, and Social Assistant
1. Admissions Committee Representative -Attends iSchool Admissions Committee Meetings and reports back to MUSSA -May bring MMst information to the committee meetings
2. Alumni Association Representative -Attends the Alumni Association meetings -Helps to plan Alumni events (one usually in the second semester) and during school trips
3. First Year Tech Fund Representative -Attends Tech Fund meetings and reports back to MUSSA -serves the interest of the First Year students and how Tech Fund money is utilized
4. Committee on Standing Representative -Attends the Committee on Standing and reports back to MUSSA -May bring MMst information to the committee meetings 5. Musings Administrator
The Musings Administrator is responsible for the administrative requirements of Musings between its committee, MUSSA, and the wider community. This includes but is not limited to: taking minutes at committee meetings for submission to MUSSA; documenting strategic plans; assisting with the organization of meetings and event planning, as well as outreach, email correspondence, and web content development; the administrator may represent the Musings Editor-in-Chief at MUSSA council meetings when the former is unavailable.
6. Life and Times Committee Representative -Attends Life and Times Committee meetings and reports back to MUSSA -May help to plan monthly social events between the departments
The nomination period is currently underway from September 18-22. Please fill out the nomination form on the nomination form page and your information will be uploaded onto our nomination page until the end of the election next week. Please email a photo of yourself to MUSSA at email@example.com for the website. You can only nominate yourself for one council position and one committee position.
Voting will be done the last week of September through U-elecT, the U of T voting system for student societies. We will inform you when it is happening so do not worry! Steps on how to cast your votes: 1. Go to http://voting.utoronto.ca 2. Login with your UTORid (same login name and password you use to open your utoronto email account) 3. Click "Vote" in the upper left corner 4. You should be able to see "View Ballot" button
If at first you don’t see ballot button, try opening the ballot on a different device or in Firefox. And if you continue to experience issues with the voting system, please report it to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.